Poet and Painter
Welcome to Polly Walshe’s website. Below is a selection of recent paintings and poems.
Three recent poems….
Some paintings are available for sale at my Etsy Shop.
- August 2019: Frogmore Poetry Prize. My winning poem, Our District, will be published in the Frogmore Papers in September 2019.
- September 2019: a sequence of five of my poems will appear as part of a collaboration with American mixed media artist Melissa Rubin in her exhibition Night Vision(s) at the Atlantic Gallery, 547 West 27th Street, New York (3rd -21st September 2019).
- For the whole of August 2019 I’ll be exhibiting and selling a selection of smaller paintings at Stanton St John, Oxford, UK.
- In September 2019 I’ll be exhibiting Recent Portraits
at Tess Harris’s gallery, High Street, Wheatley, Oxford, UK.
- Recent publications: The Others, June 1st edition of The Spectator magazine, London.
I was born in London and currently live in Oxford, UK. I’m a published poet and novelist and a painter specializing in oil portraiture. Recently I was appointed as a member of Oxford Art Society. I studied Classics at Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where I focused on Greek lyric poetry of the sixth century BC. My first novel, The Latecomer (Random House), won a Betty Trask Award. In 2014 I was a runner up in the Cardiff International Poetry Prize.